Offering your little six-month old with a little spoonful of food can be one of those most amazing moments your family will smile about and remember forever. Below are helpful tips for feeding baby.
1. When your baby reaches fourth month, you can test whether he/she is ready for new foods. Do thus by putting a teaspoon to baby’s lips. If the baby is not yet ready, never ever force him to eat.
2. Introduce the new food to your baby before breastfeeding or bottle feeding him.
3. An ideal starter food is a single food ingredient such as cereal mixed with breast milk or follow-on formula.
4. Offer only half a teaspoon of food at a time. Feed him less than the recommended amount, gradually increasing it until it reaches the amount suited to your baby’s need.
5. The best time to make him try new food again is the day following his first trial.
6. Once the child has acquired a taste for the new food, give it to him fairly often and after breastfeeding or bottlefeeding.
7. Introduce one new food at a time. Never start on two new foods at once.
8. Give your baby water between feedings. Water helps regulate waste removal and other body functions.
9. Offer variety in each meal.
10. Express delight when feeding your baby. Do not show dislike for the food you are giving him.
Remember that it is important to sterilize everything you will use to feed your baby and don’t forget to wash your hands.
*Source: Frisocare Weaning Guide Book
It surprises me how fast my daughter grows. It seems like it was just yesterday when we bought her first shoes. Now, just two inches more and we will have the same shoe size. Buying my daughter’s first shoes was very memorable for us. The whole family, including my in-laws went to the mall just for that pair of shoes. She is the first baby in the family so everybody was really excited. It took us almost one hour before we found a pair that we thought was good for her but we were all wrong. She got annoyed by the laces and ribbons and did not stop from crying until we took off the shoes. It was a lesson learned that comfort should be considered first when buying Baby Shoes
rather than the design.
Buying your baby shoes can be a daunting task. Aside from the fact that babies are so impatient to try on different shoes because their basic concern is to buy toys, there are important factors to consider as well. One important factor is the material of the shoes. The upper material should be soft and porous to allow air and the sole should be flexible.
Another important factor to consider is the size of your baby’s feet. You must be very careful about the size because the size of your baby’s shoe can affect his/her foot growth pattern. The shoes must have enough space, neither too narrow nor too big. Poorly-fitter shoes can cause discomfort or worst permanent deformity. I think shoes with riptapes are best for the kids as it can be easily adjusted. Here is the video for the instructions on how to fit properly riptape shoes.
The ventilation in our bedroom is not that good and we can’t sleep without using the air conditioner. In order to limit the use of electricity and save, we decided to sleep on the living room with a mattress on the floor and with the main door open for a well ventilation. However every morning, we have to carry back again the mattress in the bedroom. Because of this routine for almost three months now, our mattress is beginning to deteriorate. We need to buy a new one but what I want this time is an air mattress that can be easily inflated and deflated so we don’t have to bring it back in the bedroom everyday. It can be easily stored and can be used by our guests as well. But how to find a good twin air mattress? What are the things to consider before buying one? By doing some research, I found out three important things:
• Look for air mattress that is made from very durable materials and with sturdy side rails that could withstand puncture so as to prevent leak.
• 2 inches thick natural latex is just perfect. Those thicker than 2 inches add too much weight while the thinner ones sag on larger framed individuals.
• Tri-zone air beds are the best air beds for it has three chambers that can be adjusted individually on your desired firmness for suitable support and relieving back pains.