Summer is marked by the longest day and shortest nights. This means more outdoor activities and more bonding moments for us. We have scheduled activities this summer and on the top of the list of course is swimming.
Like other kids, RJ loves to dip and play in the water. She swims from 8 a.m. til 4 p.m. and never gets tired. How I wish I have the same stamina as hers.
We also go to zoos and parks and stay there the whole morning. We have picnic mat and foods. It’s a perfect bonding time for my “mag-ama” because they can play longer. I love watching them while they are playing and teasing each other.
Summer also means more biking time for RJ and bonding with her cousins.
Thinking of perfect activities this summer? My list below might help you.
• Bake and cook. RJ can have fun decorating and doing the taste test. She loves desserts so we will make grayham cakes, ice candy, mais con yelo and halo-halo together.
• Scrapbooking. I will let her do her own scrapbook.
• Draw and color. We will draw together as we both love to draw, sketch and color.
• Board games. The three of us will play scrabble, snakes and ladders and I am planning to buy word factory.
• Sungka. Playing sungka can be a good mother and child’s bonding too.
• Make audio and video recordings. RJ loves taking pictures too. Maybe I can let her take pictures and make her own video.
• Watch movies. I am starting to download movies for kids. We will watch together whie eating popcorn and our favorite snacks.
• Videoke and dance. These are good past times too.
We can also do some outdoor fun like…
• Swimming. We have mini pool and weekends are the perfect time for swimming as hubby can swim with us.
• Stroll. Take trips to parks and playgrounds in the morning and have a picnic there.
• Badminton. RJ and I both don’t know how to play badminton so hubby can teach us this summer and learn together.
• Visit grandparents. We seldom visit her grandparents during school days. Maybe we can visit them every other week this vacation.
• Arcade games. Playing in the mall’s arcade once in a while can be fun too.
• Or we can visit museums, galleries, ocean parks and zoos.