I seldom see people now who offer their seats in a bus to senior citizens or give way when you’re trying to merge in a traffic. Because there are so many things that get life rough, considerate people are getting fewer each day. Sometimes I wonder if this is still a better place for my child to live in (as if I have other choices). Sorry if I am being dramatic. I just miss the world where everyone is a little kinder. If you’re like me who misses the old world, here are the things you can do. It may not get the old world back but it could help you feel better on a rough day.
1. Write a note of appreciation or support for someone who deserves it. Email or snail mail, it doesn’t matter. What matters is you’ll encourage them to keep on going.
2. Make a list of blessings you received today. Having an attitude of gratitude is one of the best ways to shoo the bad day away.
3. Pass a good news. It maybe something that someone has done. This is to let people know that many good things still happen.
4. Give a kind smile to a stranger. Pick someone who looks as if he needs it. You might just make that person’s day.
5. Say a prayer for someone you know is in need. It’s a little thing you can do that has life-changing results.
6. Do something for free. It may be cleaning a neighbor’s yard without expecting something in return.
7. Doodle someone and give it to him. It may amuse, heart warm or delight him.
8. Offer the mailman or the newspaper boy an ice cold drink on a hot day or a cup of hot coffee on a cold day as ways of saying thanks.
9. Give someone a gift of hug. Sometimes it is just what is needed in time of sorrow or time of joy.
10. Say I love you in whatever way you can. This may be a difficult thing to do for some but we all need to hear it and say it at one point in our lives.
Last but not the least, print this and post it on your refrigerator door to remind you and your family to do kind deeds everyday.