My husband was detected yesterday of having kidney problem. Not acute but can lead to chronic nephritis if he won’t follow the doctor’s advises. Nephritis refers to inflammation of one or both kidneys. It can be caused by infection.
The doctor advised my husband not to eat sea foods, beans in any form, internal organs, foods rich in oxalic acids like spinach, coffee, cocoa, chocolates. All salts should be eliminated from his meal including other condiments like soy sauce, fish sauce, seasonings, etc. The safest treatment for acute nephritis is fasting. I did a research yesterday and found this at http://www.diethealthclub.com. Just want to share this to those with kidney ailment like my husband.
TREATMENT CHART FOR NEPHRITIS PATIENTS
A – DIET
I. A fast on carrot or orange juice and water for three days. Use warm water enema this period.
II. An all-fruit diet for further three days, with three meals a day at five-hourly intervals.
III. Fruit and milk diet for further five days. In this regimen fresh milk may be added to each fruit meal.
IV. Thereafter, gradually adopt a well-balanced low-protein diet on the following lines:-
1. Upon arising: 25 black raisins soaked overnight in water along with water in which they are soaked.
2. Breakfast: Milk sweetened with honey and fresh fruits such as papaya, banana, apples, grapes, pear, peaches, and pineapple.
3. Lunch: A bowl of freshly-prepared ‘steamed vegetables such as carrot, cabbage, cauliflower, beans, two or three whole wheat wheat tortilla, unsalted butter and a glass of buttermilk.
4. Mid afternoon: A glass of carrot juice or coconut water.
5. Dinner: A large bowl of fresh green vegetable salad. With lemon juice dressing and green gram beans sprouts.
6. Bedtime snack: A glass of milk sweetened with honey.
Avoid: Tea, coffee, flesh foods, salt condiments, sugar, white flour products, refined cereals and foods containing oxalic acid such as spinach chocolate and cocoa.
Take Liberally: Garlic, cucumber, French bean, carrot, bananas, papaya, watermelon and pineapple juice.
Note: Repeat short juice fast followed by all-fruit diet and fruit and milk, diet at intervals of two months.
B – OTHER MEASURES
1. Fresh air, brisk walks, and “yoga”.
2. Avoid all hurry, excitement and late hours.