An oven is an oven, right? Not when you’re talking about built in ovens!
You’ve probably seen them in gourmet kitchens and featured on home improvement shows… So, what’s so great about built in ovens?
(Image Credit: www.fisherpaykel.com)
Lots of things! In fact, they beat out a traditional oven stove in 5 different ways:
- It Sits at Eye Level By having your oven built into the wall — instead of sitting on the floor like a traditional oven stove — you don’t have to bend over to get things in or out of it. Plus, it will be easier to check on your creations as they’re cooking.
- It’s Easier to Keep Clean With a traditional stand-alone oven stove, you always wind up with little crumbs and dribbles that make their way in between the oven and your countertop. That tiny little space becomes a haven for dirt and grime — and there’s no way to get in and clean it. Ew!
- It Looks More Stylish Another benefit to not having those little gaps between your oven stove and your countertops? Your kitchen will look seamless. Because they attach right to the wall, built in ovens give your entire kitchen a sleeker, more modern look.
- It Makes The Most Out of a Smaller Space Unfortunately, we’re not all lucky enough to have giant kitchens. If yours isn’t quite as spacious as you’d like, built in ovens can free up some much-needed space.
- It Allows You to Take Advantage of a Double Oven When you have a stand-alone oven stove, double ovens are hard to come by. But when you opt for the built in type from a quality manufacturer — like the Fisher & Paykel ovens — you’ll have your choice of a single or a double oven.
And, if you really want to get fancy, you can even pair Fisher & Paykel ovens with a built in warming tray at the bottom. That way, you’ll be cooking like a pro in no time!
Luckily, you can take advantage of all that built in ovens have to offer without breaking the bank. As they’ve grown in popularity, built in ovens have become much more affordable.
The passion for great cuisine leads Olivia Slamut to become very kitchen appliances savvy. She naturally writes a lot about smart appliances and green energy.