Located in Central America, Belize makes for a perfect choice when planning a vacation with your family. The beautiful country offers a plethora of activities and loads of things to do and explore. The pint-sized country offers an accessible travel and promises a diverse experience for all. One can enjoy very affordable rentals in Belize that are just ideal for the whole family who can live in a safe environment.
There are plenty of Belize rentals that cater especially to the families and are the best option. There are action and adventure, wildlife encounters and plenty of sun and those are just the right ingredients for enjoying a quality holiday with your family. The best time to visit Belize is during the winters when the weather is bright and sunny.
Loads of action and adventure
If you are looking for action and adventure, well, you are sure to find loads of it in Belize and its rainforests. There are mysterious ruins, lush jungle trails and deep, dark caves that can keep the whole family busy for days. Visitors can go cave tubing, river kayaking, jungle walking and cave tubing.
• Explore Xunantunich Mayan ruins which are one of the largest ruins located in Belize. Xunantunich means “Stone Woman,” and the tour will lead you to the massive El Castillo temple and a climb to the temple offers one great view of Belize.
• Crystal Cave with cracks and crevices offer a great experience. Visitors can explore the caves or ride an innertube on those underground rivers of central Belize. It is advised to explore the series of caves with a group.
• Altun Ha is a popular Mayan site that is dotted with pyramids, tombs, and temples. Altun Ha means “Rockstone Pond” in Yucatec Maya. One is likely to come across deer, birds., foxes and even crocodiles as they explore the area.
• Cayo District boasts of rolling hills, gorgeous sunsets along with ancient Mayan sites. Explore the verdant jungles and butterfly gardens in the expansive Caracol Archaeological Reserve. Enjoy traditional culinary dishes in San Ignacio that lies in the heart of the Cayo District.
• The Great Blue Hole is a deep blue hole with imposing ancient stalactites. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, it is one of the world’s most distinguished scuba site and contains underwater caverns, tunnels, and rock formations.
• The Great Blue Hole is located about 43 miles off the coast of Belize along the Lighthouse Reef Atoll. You can visit the Great Blue Hole with a number of dive services that operate out of Belize City, San Pedro, and C
Delight for animal-lovers
Belize is filled with national parks, and wildlife sanctuaries and one should know where to go and what to look for.
• The Community Baboon Sanctuary is spread across 20 square miles and preserves the habitat of the endangered black howler monkey. One can see those monkeys roaming freely around the surrounding area. They are wild but used to the visitors and with a guide along with you, your family can enjoy those special encounters.
• Belize Zoo is another popular attraction and is home to the orphaned, injured or rescued animals. There are big cats like jaguars and Belizean national animal, Baird’s tapir. One will also come across other animals such as iguanas, snakes, agoutis, jungle birds and squirrels.
• Hol Chan Marine Reserve is one of the oldest reserves in Belize, and the immense barrier reef is a densely populated aquatic zone that extends for three miles. It is a sanctuary for eels, stingrays, and sharks. It is a prime spot for snorkeling and diving because of the abundant sea life and the crystal-clear waters.
• Your kids will go cray at Green Iguana Conservation Project where they get to see iguanas of all sizes. They learn a lot about these animals at the interactive exhibits and programs.
• Hol Chan Marine Preserve is the first national marine preserve in the country and indeed the most exciting one for diving and swimming as well as marine. You can dive under to swim with manta rays and sharks
• Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Preserve is exclusively reserved for the protection of the jaguar. One can hike along the trails and might have to spend the night here if you want to enjoy actual sightings of the jaguar. The children can rent inner tubes and float along the and get an effective education at the preserve center.
Plenty of fun with sun and sea
Belize is the perfect and the safest place for family vacations. Both kids and teens can learn and enjoy kayaking, windsurfing, and sailing. Families can go snorkeling together and explore the creatures that live on the coral reef. Swimming pools and water sports areas have been designed with families in mind. It is a perfect destination for going sailing and swimming in the serene and peaceful atmosphere. Bird watching is another popular activity. They can enjoy horseback riding adventure and hike through the fields and forests of Belize. The riverbeds and ancient ruin are simply perfect for mountain biking. Relax with your family and kids on those amazing tropical beaches. It is indeed a great town with a plethora of shopping centers, and endless street side food stands with a fantastic variety of local foods and delicacies. Families can explore the farmer markets and interact with the locals. They can easily get invited to one of the homes and offer the children the chance to get hands-on experience with the local culture.
Image courtesy of Pixabay