Nag is in the Air

My husband is not a gossiper. He by nature is of the silent type and does not mind others’ business. That is why I was surprised one morning when he asked me if nagging is an expression of love. I wasn’t able to answer immediately then I said, “I can’t remember an instance wherein I nagged you.” He was smiling and said, “It’s not you, it’s our neighbor. Maybe nagging is indeed an expression of love because the wife nags the husband in the morning and afternoon snack and if he’s that lucky, even during his midnight snack. Maybe that’s how much she loves him”, hubby said teasingly.

I cannot blame my hubby because the wife nags about just anything from washing of dishes, to repair of vehicle, to laundry, to cooking, to waking up late, to throwing the garbage, to feeding the dog, and more. Mind you, she really has a loud voice and is heard by their neighbors thus, embarrassing the husband.

(courtesy of Google)

A nagger is defined as someone who annoys another by constant scolding, complaining, or arguing. You may not know it but you might turn out just like one. Be conscious on the way you talk to your partner or to any member of the household. It may be nothing to you but to them, you are already nagging and they hate it. Of course, who would love to hear non-stop sermon in a very irritating tone? Why not talk to them in a controlled way even though you are already red with anger? Why not remind them on their chores again and again but in a sweet tone so as not to irritate them? Who knows, they might obey you right off the bat.

Oh, by the way, hubby kissed me and said, “Thanks, Baby for not being a nagger”. Wink!

1. honey says:

I love your entries! Will definitely visit more often, promise yan!

2. chubskulit says:

Woooot ang sweet.. I don’t nag either… Di maganda.

3. Kawawa naman yung kapitbahay ninyo na me asawang nagger. Siguro me kasalanan din yung lalaki kaya siya palaging nina nag nang misis niya. Maaaring hindi tumutulong sa gawaing bahay ang mister kaya nina nag ni misis. At any rate, nobody loves a nagger especially one with a shrill voice. Nakakairitang pakinggan, hehehe. Thanks for the post. God bless you all always.

4. chubskulit says:

Hello tokaya.. try to email this guy, he is looking for parenting blogs to tut links with good luck..

5. anne says:

I nagged before even we are just talking online but not anymore learned my lessons hehehe visiting you here from Bloggers Exchange and do you mind to visit me here too? Thanks

My Daily Mumbles
    SAHM’s Online Diary

6. Pepper says:

You have such a sweet hubby…maybe that’s why you don’t nag him 🙂

7. tagadavaoko says:

hi i’m visiting via the blogger exchange. the april links are out and i believe my link has an error because of an extra character. if you will ever put up the links on your blog, please edit mine to thank you so much!

i’m still working of my links though! 🙂

thanks again 🙂

8. Willa says:

Visiting thru The Bloggers Exchange

9. Simply Dyes says:

visiting you from TBE 🙂

Drop by my STREET. Please don’t forget to follow me @ GFC & NetworkedBlogs. Thanks very much!

Have a great week!

10. shydub says:

Visiting thru TBE – Teacher Momma

11. Watadid says:

i’m happy for are so sweet

12. Cielo of Brown Pinay says:

I also don’t nag, I am too tired to nag…but I do rant pag paulit ulit at hindi ako sinusunod ng maid at even my kids…si hubby good boy naman sya hehehehVisiting you from TBE….

its me,
    Cielo of Brown Pinay
    Also Blogging at:
    | GCircles | My Point of View | PartyPreppies |

13. Pinx says:

welcome back mommy rossel! same here…i don’t nag… i just sulk pag nagtatampo! visiting you here via TBE April!

Pink Memoirs