I was busy making RJ’s reviewers last week. It is her finals today until Wednesday. I am glad that her teachers gave the pointers to review earlier. RJ’s vacation will start on Thursday and will last for 2 months. Knowing her, active as she is, she will surely get bored inside our house. She has no siblings and has no one to play with except for our neighbors’ kids. But then, I cannot let her play outside all throughout the day so I made a list of the indoor and outdoor activities that can be a perfect family bonding this summer…
• Bake and cook. RJ can have fun decorating and doing the taste test. She loves desserts so we will make grayham cakes, ice candy, mais con yelo and halo-halo together.
• Scrapbooking. I will let her do her own scrapbook.
• Draw and color. We will draw together as we both love to draw, sketch and color.
• Board games. The three of us will play scrabble, snakes and ladders and I am planning to buy word factory.
• Sungka. Playing sungka can be a good mother and child’s bonding too.
• Make audio and video recordings. RJ loves taking pictures too. Maybe I can let her take pictures and make her own video.
• Watch movies. I am starting to download movies for kids. We will watch together whie eating popcorn and our favorite snacks.
• Videoke and dance. We all love to sing and dance.
We can also do some outdoor fun like…
• Swimming. We have mini pool and weekends are the perfect time for swimming as hubby can swim with us.
• Stroll. Take trips to parks and playgrounds in the morning and have a picnic there.
• Badminton. RJ and I both don’t know how to play badminton so hubby can teach us this summer and learn together.
• Visit grandparents. We seldom visit her grandparents during school days. Maybe we can visit them every other week this vacation.
• Arcade games. Playing in the mall’s arcade once in a while can be fun too.
• Or we can visit museums, galleries, ocean parks and zoos.
Stay at home Moms like me have pockets of time to fill but we always find time for our family.